Hello guys! Its been a while since I have shared any recipe on the blog. Specially since I love creating new recipes and doing food photos. But I guess in the past many months, I have mostly just been cooking classic recipes : lots of curries, rice and pasta dishes. Good old comfort food during those chilly winter months. Currently, I am trying to go Carb-free in my diet. Including mostly proteins, lots of veggies (and fats as well). I am exploring new options to cook the veggies, like broccoli bake or cauliflower rice, instead of going for pasta or rice. And roasted veggies are always a favorite with me. Some impromptu backyard BBQs are also happening which leave little room to crave for the carbs or the starchy vegetables.
Anyways, I shared an Italian crumbed chicken on my insta story a few days ago, which then led to me doing a poll if viewers wanted a recipe on the blog, which resulted in more than 90% saying yes, so here I am, doing just that.
Except that when I started making the same crumbed chicken again for the photos, I decided to take it a step further and make things more interesting (and delicious!). I ended up doing Chicken Parmigiana, the most classic Italian-American dish and my favorite thing to order around diners around here.
Pretty basic recipe over. Chicken breasts, parmesan crumb, oven-baked, topped with marinara and mozzarella, baked till melted. Haha, don’t worry, I am detailing the full recipe and method below. Hope you guys try it out and enjoy it.
- 4 chicken breast, sliced in half to make 8
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese (I used Polly-o)
- 1 cup marinara (or Pasta sauce)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
I served mine with roasted cherry tomatoes tossed in the leftover crumb, salt and pepper. I popped the halved tomatoes in with the chicken about half way through. I also made a green leafy salad with coconut lime dressing.