- The efficient among us don’t walk over a toy and think: “I’ll put that away later”. They pick it up, put it in the basket and move on.
- Trust your convictions even when people don’t think it’s a good idea. If you truly believe it’s a good idea, you will make it work. Nothing is impossible with passion and a lot of hard work.
- A little jar of homemade pesto stored in fridge, is the most beautiful gift to your future self, for days filled with unpacking weekend bags and sorting laundry.
- Sometimes leisure comes in the way of passion. STAY FOCUSED. Boil up a large kettle, say goodbye to netflix and GET ON WORKING through the dark, quiet hours of the night. Be grateful for the quiet; come morning, you will regret if you didn’t make good use of it.
- When you have more than one kid, the older one has to step up. So while you feed the little one or change his diaper, the older one must find his own shoes and pour his own juice. For every moment you are busy elsewhere, he discovers his own abilities and there is nothing but good in it. No guilt. He knows exactly what it means to wait, to share and to go without. He also know the goodness of sloppy baby kisses, the joy of having a partner for life, and the contentment that comes from guiding, nurturing and loving a younger sibling.
- Not everyone has your best interest at hearts. You should be your best and most harsh judge. Cut people some slack, but never go easy on yourself.
- Most life problems will seem less grim after a cup of strong, comforting tea and a pack of m&ms.
There …. I shared my weekly wisdom with you guys, haha. I just came back from a weekend trip to Madina last night (Alhamdulillah), and I have just about the whole house to sort and purge and pack (be assured that these terms will be making lots of appearances on the blog in the coming days), but all i wanna do is indulge in nesting and write on the blog. The timing couldn’t be perfect.
PS: If you are in the mood to indulge in random blog reading, here are some posts for you.